The Federal Government has said it’s ready to give a tougher sanctions to people who give fake news.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed who said this at a conference in Abuja said no responsible government would sit back and allow such activities capable of setting the country on fire to continue unchecked.
However, he assured stakeholders that responsible journalists have nothing to fear as the government’s intention is not to gag the media.
In his word he said “It has reached a level that the government may just no longer fold its arms and allow this to continue,” thus it’s utmost concern is to restore sanity to the nation’s airwave.
More from news
- 2023 Igbo Presidency: Ohanaeze youth to present the likes of Zik of Africa
- 3 Nigerian Soldiers arrested for kidnapping and armed robbery – details
- American rapper apologizes to all his ex-girlfriends for treating them as shit
- Breaking news: Chief of Staff Abba Kyari is dead
- Buhari approves 6 aides for First Lady
- Church of satan angrily reacts to Kanye West Latest Album (Jesus is King) – details
- Club owners, hoteliers and more complain of low patronage after 94 yahoo boys arrest – details
- Doctor performs abortion on the wrong woman
- Dozens of shops and property worth millions of Naira set ablaze in Maiduguri – details
- Edo state woman arrested for squeezing her husband’s penis till death – details
- EFCC to pay N5m for freezing surety’s account
- Ghanian President begs that talk over Nigerian border closure yields positive result – details
- Go back to South Africa, normalcy has been restored – FG
- HOD of Mental Health department commits suicide for taking too long to see his wife
- I didn’t conclude the act before I was caught —Rapist