A team of undergraduate students, Ph.D. candidates, and professors from the University of Florida have been announced winners of the Spectrum Collaboration Challenge (SC2).
This is a three-year competition to unlock the true potential of the radio frequency (RF) spectrum with artificial intelligence (AI). The competition was concluded today where GatorWings emerged winner.
DARPA hosted the championship event at Mobile World Congress 2019 (MWC19) Los Angeles in front of a live audience. SC2’s final 10 competitors and their AI-enabled radios went head-to-head during six rounds of competitive play.
GatorWings emerged victorious, taking home first place and the $2 million grand prize.
“We were competing with some of the smartest people in this space, and have been competing against some of them since the first DARPA Spectrum Challenge in 2014,” said John Shea, co-lead of GatorWings. “From that first challenge to today with SC2, you can see that incredible progress has been made – both in terms of what the teams can do and the sophistication of the decision engines, as well as their radio’s ability to work in much more complicated environments. This is going to push us towards making this a practical technology that can be deployed both by the military and commercial users. Through SC2’s efforts, we are moving towards using more intelligence in our radios and making things more adaptive and collaborative.”
More from news
- 2023 Igbo Presidency: Ohanaeze youth to present the likes of Zik of Africa
- 3 Nigerian Soldiers arrested for kidnapping and armed robbery – details
- American rapper apologizes to all his ex-girlfriends for treating them as shit
- Breaking news: Chief of Staff Abba Kyari is dead
- Buhari approves 6 aides for First Lady
- Church of satan angrily reacts to Kanye West Latest Album (Jesus is King) – details
- Club owners, hoteliers and more complain of low patronage after 94 yahoo boys arrest – details
- Doctor performs abortion on the wrong woman
- Dozens of shops and property worth millions of Naira set ablaze in Maiduguri – details
- Edo state woman arrested for squeezing her husband’s penis till death – details
- EFCC to pay N5m for freezing surety’s account
- Ghanian President begs that talk over Nigerian border closure yields positive result – details
- Go back to South Africa, normalcy has been restored – FG
- HOD of Mental Health department commits suicide for taking too long to see his wife
- I didn’t conclude the act before I was caught —Rapist