Senator Melaye has said he will defeat Smart Adeyemi again. This followed the incident where the Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal, on Friday, upheld the tribunal judgement that sacked Senator Dino Melaye from the National Assembly.
The appellate court, in a unanimous judgement by a three-man panel of Justices led by Justice Yahaya Dattijo, ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to within 90 days, conduct a fresh election in Kogi West Senatorial District.
The appellate court said it saw no reason to set aside the August 23 judgement of the Kogi State National/State Assembly Election Tribunal that nullified the outcome of the February 23 election that was declared in favour of Melaye and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
It, therefore, struck out the appeal Melaye lodged to challenge the majority decision of the tribunal that voided his re-election to the Senate.
Reacting to the court verdict, Senator Dino claimed in a Channels video he is not disturbed by the judgement because he is confident of winning the rerun.
More from news
- 2023 Igbo Presidency: Ohanaeze youth to present the likes of Zik of Africa
- 3 Nigerian Soldiers arrested for kidnapping and armed robbery – details
- American rapper apologizes to all his ex-girlfriends for treating them as shit
- Breaking news: Chief of Staff Abba Kyari is dead
- Buhari approves 6 aides for First Lady
- Church of satan angrily reacts to Kanye West Latest Album (Jesus is King) – details
- Club owners, hoteliers and more complain of low patronage after 94 yahoo boys arrest – details
- Doctor performs abortion on the wrong woman
- Dozens of shops and property worth millions of Naira set ablaze in Maiduguri – details
- Edo state woman arrested for squeezing her husband’s penis till death – details
- EFCC to pay N5m for freezing surety’s account
- Ghanian President begs that talk over Nigerian border closure yields positive result – details
- Go back to South Africa, normalcy has been restored – FG
- HOD of Mental Health department commits suicide for taking too long to see his wife
- I didn’t conclude the act before I was caught —Rapist