I introduce to you Eliud Kipchoge who successfully completed his superhuman attempt to become the first-ever runner to break the sub two-hour marathon in Austria on Saturday.
Eluid Kipchoge is had claimed that this quest, dubbed as ‘INEOS 1:59 Challenge’, would be comparable in the annals of human achievement to standing on the moon or scaling Everest for the first time.
And he cemented his name in the history books as battled through the pain and defied the odds to make marathon history.
The reigning Olympic champion, whose record-breaking attempt took place in the Prater park in the Austrian capital of Vienna, crossed the line in 1 hour 59 minutes 40 seconds in Vienna.
Afterwards he told the BBC: “I am feeling good. After Roger Bannister in 1954 it took another 63 years, I tried and I did not get it. After 65 years, I am the first man! I want to inspire many people, that no human is limited.”
More from news
- 2023 Igbo Presidency: Ohanaeze youth to present the likes of Zik of Africa
- 3 Nigerian Soldiers arrested for kidnapping and armed robbery – details
- American rapper apologizes to all his ex-girlfriends for treating them as shit
- Breaking news: Chief of Staff Abba Kyari is dead
- Buhari approves 6 aides for First Lady
- Church of satan angrily reacts to Kanye West Latest Album (Jesus is King) – details
- Club owners, hoteliers and more complain of low patronage after 94 yahoo boys arrest – details
- Doctor performs abortion on the wrong woman
- Dozens of shops and property worth millions of Naira set ablaze in Maiduguri – details
- Edo state woman arrested for squeezing her husband’s penis till death – details
- EFCC to pay N5m for freezing surety’s account
- Ghanian President begs that talk over Nigerian border closure yields positive result – details
- Go back to South Africa, normalcy has been restored – FG
- HOD of Mental Health department commits suicide for taking too long to see his wife
- I didn’t conclude the act before I was caught —Rapist