Jonathan Vatsa, has said good Christians and Muslims must support president from the south east.
According to the All Progressives Congress chief in Niger State, Jonathan, he said the emergence of Nigeria ’s President from the South -East in 2023 is a right and not a privilege.
He said this while addressing journalists in Minna, Niger State capital on Friday. Vatsa, said every well- meaning Nigerian, good Christian and Muslim must support a President of Nigeria of South- East extraction.
His words reads thus:- “If Nigerians have conscience, equity and justice demand that they should allow the Igbo to produce the next President in 2023.
“I am convinced that the Igbo have made their consultations from the North, South and the majority of them are in support of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction.”
He expressed displeasure that some politicians from the North had called for the cancelation of rotational presidency between the North and South for what they termed meritocracy.
Vatsa also said Ndigbo were highly detribalised and could be found in the remotest villages in Nigeria, living peacefully and doing their businesses and paying taxes.
He condemned the Arewa agitation for power to remain in the north , saying , “ A lot of Arewa officials have been speaking that power should remain in the North as if it is their birthright; Nigeria belong to all of us and it is bigger than what we think it is.
In the spirit of fairness, if we really want to be together, the Igbo should be given a chance in 2023 .
“Apart from the time of Dr Nnamdi Azikwe and General Aguiyi Ironsi , we have never had Igbo President; so the Igbo should rise up and take what is due to them . The northerners are ready to support them and I am calling on the Igbo to speak with one voice if they must win in 2023. They must come together and forget their differences .”
He however warned that the Igbo should watch out for those who would collect money either from the north or South- West to sell their conscience , adding that the Igbo man should not be treated as second citizens in Nigeria .
More from news
- 2023 Igbo Presidency: Ohanaeze youth to present the likes of Zik of Africa
- 3 Nigerian Soldiers arrested for kidnapping and armed robbery – details
- American rapper apologizes to all his ex-girlfriends for treating them as shit
- Breaking news: Chief of Staff Abba Kyari is dead
- Buhari approves 6 aides for First Lady
- Church of satan angrily reacts to Kanye West Latest Album (Jesus is King) – details
- Club owners, hoteliers and more complain of low patronage after 94 yahoo boys arrest – details
- Doctor performs abortion on the wrong woman
- Dozens of shops and property worth millions of Naira set ablaze in Maiduguri – details
- Edo state woman arrested for squeezing her husband’s penis till death – details
- EFCC to pay N5m for freezing surety’s account
- Ghanian President begs that talk over Nigerian border closure yields positive result – details
- Go back to South Africa, normalcy has been restored – FG
- HOD of Mental Health department commits suicide for taking too long to see his wife
- I didn’t conclude the act before I was caught —Rapist